Concourse Updates (Jan 29 — Feb 2, 2018)
As a Product Manager at Pivotal, one of my responsibilities is to write weekly updates to let Pivots know what the Concourse team has been up to for the past week. When the Concourse team got together earlier this month for our 2018 planning, we decided that we should be sharing these updates with our community as a whole. So, without further ado, here’s our first update of 2018!
- Fixed https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1978
- We gave a shot at doing lazy-loading and pagination of builds, but it didn’t work very well. Reverting in lieu of some more UX research on that page https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1855
- Currently looking for additional feedback on use-cases for Spatial Resources. If you have an opinion on this, PLEASE jump on this issue and comment: https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1766
- Continued work on refactoring auth providers model in preparation for Users in Concourse. See https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1991 and https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1888
- Wrapped up work on “Bind-mount certs to resource containers at
/etc/ssl/certs“https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1938. This was a tough one. Look forward to a post from Topher Bullock explaining some of the nuances behind this implementation
- Lindsay Auchinachie and Sam Peinado mocked up a new “High Density” view of the Concourse dashboard (https://github.com/concourse/concourse/issues/1899). This new design would be an add-on to the current beta dashboard, and would be activated using a toggle in the status bar.
- The design team is also beginning to research new designs to support adding comments to the current build page
- We’re also beginning to work on new designs for the http://concourse.ci/ homepage! New year, new look!
This is our first time posting updates publicly like this, so please let us know if they’re helpful by giving us a “clap” or by responding to the story below! We also plan to announce a new portal where community members can follow along with our progress in the coming weeks, so look forward to more information coming your way!